Strength And Support For You
Welcome! I offer short-term, research-based counseling for families, couples and individuals.
There are various reasons why people choose to go to counseling when they face personal, relational or life challenges. We all have a lot of personal strengths that allow us to navigate through life and its problems. We may have family, friends and our community to support us.
However, sometimes we may need a caring and knowledgeable professional who helps us explore different possibilities and options without the fear of feeling ashamed or hurting a loved one - someone who knows what works for most people in similar situations but goes beyond self-help books to consider your unique personality and context.
There are many situations that therapy can help in:
- couple and family relationships difficulties
- individual struggles with anxiety and depression
- life transitions
I am uniquely qualified to help
- I am an Associate Professor of Couple and Family Therapy at Alliant International University. This helps ensure I am on the cutting edge of the field.
- I have a PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy which provides the highest competency and knowledge in treating relational difficulties systemically.
- I have been practicing therapy in the US for more than a decade working with diverse clients in various clinical settings.
- I am an accomplished researcher and author. I also conduct professional trainings nationally and internationally.
- I grew up in Russia yet have lived in the United States for the past decade. In addition to being bilingual, I have a thorough understanding of what it is like to “marry” two distinct cultures.
- I am a Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor (one of the very few AAMFT-Approved Supervisors that I know of in the Sacramento valley) of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), the national professional organization for Marriage and Family Therapists.
Please feel free to search my website and see what services I can offer to help support you as you regain your strength.
If you have any questions, please contact me for a free 15-minute initial phone or e-mail consultation.